Our lives are chaotic and busy, and we are so focused on the past and the future that we often forget to simply be in the moment.
The present is happening right now, yet so many of us take it for granted and don’t appreciate the small elements of life that make it powerful and special.
You can train yourself to stop and be in the moment, finding inner peace and tranquility just by following a few simple guidelines.
1. Focus entirely on a specific action. Take some time to focus on a specific moment. Stop everything you are doing and concentrate on one thing only. This allows you to ground yourself in one task and completely clear your mind of everything but the present moment.
2. Switch off your phone. Screens are an integral part of our lives. But we are forever checking our emails or social media and are always connected. Take some time to switch off your phone and tablet.
3. Go for a walk. A walk is one of the best ways to achieve a present moment mindset. It allows you to clear your head of unnecessary or intrusive thoughts and concerns for a short time. Spending time outside has countless benefits.
4. Consider what you appreciate in the present moment. In our busy lives, we can forget what we are grateful for and what we enjoy. Take some time out to write, think about, or even record a list of things you appreciate.
5. Consider your senses. We take our senses for granted. Smell, taste, hearing, touch, and sight allow us to experience the joys of life. They are so powerful and important and yet many of us don’t take the time to appreciate them.
By taking some time out of your day to be present, you will find yourself happier, calmer, and more grateful for the smaller parts of life. We could all learn to take a moment to stop, think, and enjoy every second of our day.
Make the most of your natural and acquired talents and maximize your life by following these 5 simple steps to leverage your strengths.
Real magic is totally possible... Try these tips to create real magic in your life every day.
Start your own healthy habits. Begin the journey to find inner peace.
Receive weekly content on the latest and greatest in wellness, mindfulness, and more so you can continue shifting forward — mind, body, and soul.
Your privacy is our top priority. Unsubscribe anytime.