The scary reality is that we don’t know exactly how long all this will be going on for, so it's best to get in the habit of taking good care of yourself to hang in there during these uncertain times.
Here’s a master checklist wrapping up our tips from the past three weeks, plus a few bonus tips:
- Gratitude journal and write down at least five things you’re grateful for
- Meditate, even if just for a few minutes
- Have at least one phone call or FaceTime daily
- Create a routine to maintain some normalcy in your life
- Get outdoors to get some fresh air and vitamin D - be sure to maintain social distancing rules!
- Recognize that it’s normal to feel a bit out of sorts right now – you are not alone in this
- Reach out to loved ones for support if you need it
- Don’t hesitate to seek professional mental health help if you’re struggling. Look into teletherapy options like Talkspace or Better Help
- Use The Daily Shifts app to stay on track with your mental and spiritual journey
- Set attainable fitness and nutrition goals
- Adjust your fitness routines to work in quarantine – what workouts can you modify to do at home?
- Attend online fitness classes via live streams or YouTube videos
- Try not to give in to constant snacking on junk food at home
- Stock up on healthy foods when you order your groceries or do your grocery run
- Try out new recipes
- Give meal prepping a go
- Listen to your body and reach out to your doctor if you have any health concerns
- Allow yourself space to feel all the emotions you’re feeling
- Don’t watch/read the news excessively
- Be mindful of social media usage and screen time
- Create boundaries with people if needed
- Be aware of energy vampires
- Make space for mental clarity by practicing mindfulness
- Open up to manifesting goals and dreams
- Liven up your home with plants, essential oil diffusers, candles, or crystals
- Create a comfortable workspace for yourself if you work from home
- Set up space for different activities/hobbies in your home
Follow our tips and you’ll be on your way to staying well during quarantine. Hang in there, and take things day by day. We’re all in this together.